What is Responsive Web Design
Responsive Web Design(RWD) is an approach to design the websites so that it
responds to the user’s behavior and environment fluidly based on screen size, platform and orientation. In short, responsive website means that a website looks great on any screen and adapts its layout and design to fit any device such as PC, Mobile, Tablet and TV.
From a technical perspective, a responsive web design emphasizes on primary task of incorporating CSS3, media queries, fluid grids, flexible images and flexible videos.
Why Your Business Needs Responsive Web Design?
First, let’s take a look at some interesting statistic about the mobile consumer:
- Mobile search queries have grown 5X in the past two years.
- 95% of smartphone users have looked for local information and 61% call a business after searching.
- 90% of smartphone searches results in an action – purchasing, visiting a business website, etc.
- 40% of mobile users have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience.
Satisfy both web and mobile audience
Whenever your clients access your site with responsive design, they will get a great experience, from any kind of device. User experience is consistent, browsing is smooth, reading is easier, navigation is simple, and everything just looks nice.
Without responsive websites, it’s nearly impossible to accommodate every available device — there are just too many and they’re changing all the time.
Mobile Audience is outgrowing PC Users
The web as we know it is changing. In the past, designers and developers only had to handle the mainstream medium which is the PC Screen. With the gaining popularity of smartphones, more and more websites are accessed via mobile devices. Websites that are not optimized for mobile browsing, may result in losing revenue. According to statistics and report from Gartner, mobile Internet usage has been growing staggeringly over the past few years and is expected to overtake desktop Internet usage by the year 2013.
Save Time and Money in Maintenance
It seems today as though a website that works on a multitude of screen sizes is not a “luxury”, but instead a necessity. From talking to people in the industry, you may discern that there are actually quite a number of people build a separate mobile website and different design to satisfy their mobile users.
One of the problem with this approach is that whenever your mobile users arrive at your full website’s URL, you have to auto-redirect them to your mobile website. More troublesome is that there are literally two different sites that working independently and possibly powered by two different types ofcontent management system.
For a cost- saving maintainable development methodology, we recommend that your default approach to mobile is to design one website that can adapt to different devices with viewport through responsive web design. On the other hand, responsive websites are adaptable and future-friendly, which means your website won’t require a major overhaul as things advance.
Stay Ahead of Competition
There’s no question that mobile devices have become a staple in everyday living around the world. Now more than ever it is important that websites be optimized for mobile devices. Mobile optimization can increase sales, generate more traffic, and boost customer engagement. It will give you an edge over the competition, too.
Single URL and more Google-Friendly
According to Google Webmaster’s Guidelines, using responsive web design has multiple advantages
- It keeps your desktop and mobile content on a single URL, which is easier for your users to interact with, share, and link to and for Google’s algorithms to assign the indexing properties to your content.
- Google can discover your content more efficiently as we wouldn’t need to crawl a page with the different Googlebot user agents to retrieve and index all the content.
Won’t it be simpler to have just a single website that could work everywhere?
What we do?
Responsive web design is a thing that every business company wants to have. Nowadays people can enter the web from computers, laptops, phones, tablets and even treadmills.
At 1Heart, we help you to reap all the benefits of having a well-designed and highly responsive website that gives you an edge over your competitors by
- Designing a responsive website tailored for your business
- Creation of responsive website at affordable price
- Ensuring easy access to your website information from different screen